Soar Up is a new pilot programme that will support dance artists who wish to build experience, up-skill and network in professional aerial dance in Ireland. Produced by the Irish Aerial Creation Centre (IACC) in partnership with Fidget Feet Aerial Dance Theatre as part of Fidget Feet’s HOUSE! production: an outdoor drive-in bingo show with aerial and theatre. Soar Up is inspired by the highly successful Step Up Dance Project.
Soar Up 2022 will focus on dance graduates by supporting them through the often difficult and uncertain period of pre-professionalism. The programme will offer this unique opportunity to 4-6 dancers based on the island of Ireland over the course of 9 weeks (part-time) between 7 Mar – 15 May 2022 (excluding Easter week 11 – 18 Apr). The programme will be based at the IACC, Limerick, where the majority of the training and rehearsals will take place. Shows will take place in Limerick City, Ennis in Co Clare and East Co Galway.
Included in the Programme:
- aerial & dance classes at the Irish Aerial Creation Centre
- access to free open training and aerial equipment
- opportunity to engage in the creative process of Fidget Feet
- training as understudies with Ireland’s national aerial dance company
- core dancer roles in Fidget Feet’s newest show HOUSE! with Fidget Feet associated artists and local community groups, under Artistic Director Chantal McCormick.
- a weekly stipend for accommodation, travel and living costs
We are seeking applications from dance graduates and emerging artists. You must be resident in Ireland and be available for the dates outlined below. Click here to apply.
- your name and contact details
- upload your CV
- a short video link (YouTube or Vimeo) of a dance solo / improvisation / showreel
- a video link (max 4 minutes) of yourself telling us:
- who you are and where you are from
- your movement history / what you studied and where
- any other skills you have: eg. Irish dance, ballroom, cheerleading, hip hop, play music, etc.
- how you think Soar Up will benefit you
- where you hope to be in 3 years’ time
- Applicants must be available for
- 7th Mar – 10th Apr
- 23rd – 24th Apr
- 27th Apr – 2nd May
- 7th – 8th May
- 11th – 15th May
- Submission deadline is 6pm, 7th Feb 2022
- Successful applicants will be informed by 13th Feb 2022
All activities will take place in line with Covid restrictions as set out by the Government of Ireland.
This new pilot programme is funded by the Arts Council of Ireland. We are always reaching out to artists to join the IACC and Fidget Feet family.
Fidget Feet is an aerial circus performance company from Ireland. We tell our stories anywhere we can – in theatres, from cranes, hidden in forests, or swinging from buildings all over the world. Our performances are for everyone and we love to find new ways of telling our stories to new audiences. Fidget Feet founded the IACC in 2014 and is their permanent company-in-residence.
The IACC is the national home for aerial arts. We opened our doors in Limerick in 2015 and offer aerial classes to local communities, as well as residencies and training courses to aerialists and circus artists nationally and internationally. Since opening, we also teach aerial dance to students of the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, University of Limerick.