Managing Director – €40-45k DOE
Deadline 7th June 2021
As part of a restructuring, the Irish Aerial Creation Centre is now looking to strengthen its capacity by appointing a Director, to lead the team, run the centre, work with our new five year strategic plan and drive forward the company’s Capital Grant project.
The contract is offered on an employed basis, full time, for an initial 12 month to 3 year contract with the option to extend.
Hours: Contract is for 40 hours per week, subject to negotiation. There will be a requirement to occasionally work some evenings or weekends and where necessary IACC operates a time off in lieu system. There is no overtime.
Place of work: The Director will be based at IACC in Gillogue Office Park, Corbally, Limerick. The role will occasionally require travel around Ireland and internationally to represent the centre. There would be travel expenses and PDs when funding allows.
Probationary period: Six months
The closing date for applications is: Monday 7th June by midnight.
Interviews will take place Tuesday 15th June and second interview to be arranged.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining suitability to email@example.com
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The Irish Aerial Creation Centre (IACC) is a place for people to unlock their creativity. IACC is Ireland’s National Home for Aerial Arts founded in 2015 and home to Fidget Feet Aerial Dance Company, the founders.
Professional development is supported by the Irish Art Council’s grant through residencies, classes, workshops and performance opportunities. IACC houses the first intensive professional programme for aerialists in the country and is a home for creativity in aerial circus on an international scale. IACC is also partners with Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, offering the only aerial dance courses to third level students in Ireland.
With funding from Limerick City and County Council the IACC is a unique way for individuals, communities and businesses, both local and national to discover talents they didn’t know they had and develop new skills and abilities they never thought they could achieve. Providing a centre of excellence for the creation and education of aerial circus
You will thrive with us if you:
- Have a genuine passion for visual theatre and contemporary circus, and an active affinity with the work of the centre and Fidget Feet company.
- Appreciate that IACC’s Capital Grant is a historical moment for aerial circus in Ireland and want to be part of making that happen.
- Enjoy lateral and holistic thinking, are able to become a valuable contributor to the leadership team and are proactive in strategic thinking.
- Have the ability to work as an independently motivated self-starter.
- Possess a proactive, positive, ‘can do’ attitude – but tempered with realism.
- Take responsibility – enjoy the success, but have the ability to analyse and recognise where you can do better, so you can grow.
- Enjoy clear and transparent communication.
- Treat everyone, especially those with whom we disagree, with courtesy and respect.
MANAGING DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Job title: Managing Director
Salary: €40-45k DOE. We would work towards increasing this closer to €50k over the next two years depending on funding.
Responsible to: Board of Directors
Supported by: Creative Director, Part-time Financial Officer and one F/T teacher. Staff growth is part of our strategic plan and will include an operational manager for 2022.
Fundraising and strategic development
- Work with the existing Creative director, board and current staff to fulfil our new 5-year strategic plan for IACC that works with our sister organisation Fidget Feet.
- Work to use our Capital Grant funding to bring us into the next phase of the company.
- Research and compile funding applications to Arts Council, local authorities, trusts, foundations and other sources to support the work of the company to achieve agreed targets.
- Work with the current Creative Director on a new Creative Europe project with 4 other European centres, Island Connect.
- Proactively identify and develop relationships with new funders
- Cultivate relationships with existing funders
- Source and develop alternative funding streams
- Monitor and evaluate participation projects
- Manage and create new fundraising schemes
- Oversee the teachers and day-to-day running of IACC projects
- Issue contracts of employment for project personnel
- Oversee company communications, the part-time fundraiser and commucation manager will be the first point of contact for enquiries
- Oversee the development of innovative participation and audience engagement opportunities
- Devise and implement an effective marketing and communications strategy
- Marketing of all projects including via social media platforms
- Maintaining and updating the WordPress website
- Represent and positively promote the company across all contexts
- Be an informed advocate for the company’s work within the sector and beyond and contribute to the debate and discussion within the sector
- Create, manage, and direct targeted mailings
- Compile quarterly newsletters
- Produce budgets for all areas of the company’s activity
- Manage and monitor project budgets, cashflow and expenditure
- Authorise company invoices
- Manage the administration of current participation projects including liaison with schools and other project partners, communications with project staff, and assisting teachers with timetabling project meetings and session delivery
- Create and manage budgets for each project
- Maintain the Company’s database of contacts in accordance with the Data Protection Policy and relevant data laws
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Lateral and strategic thinker, able to lead the company into its next phase
- At least three years’ experience in a similar strategic, operational and capital position
- Experience of working with public funding bodies and sponsorships and a track record of fundraising from a variety of sources
- Enthusiasm for our work, values, vision and mission
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and face-to-face
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Being a self-starter and able to take the initiative
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise flexibly and manage time efficiently
- Experience of working with artists
- Computer literate including the use of Word, Excel
- Enthusiasm for multidisciplinary performance, community and engagement work
- Experience of working with local authorities, schools and education environments
- Experience with social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Full valid driver’s licence with own transport
- Becoming, or aspiring to be, an inspirational leader in the sector, with the ambition to make a significant difference
- Knowledge of, commitment to and a genuine passion for theatre and the performing arts and an active affinity with the work of the company
- Experience of the outdoor/street arts sector, site specific performance work in museums, art galleries and unusual spaces
- An interest and willingness to participate in innovative styles of meetings and processes
- An understanding of funding systems and/or track record of fundraising from a variety of sources
- Experience of using Dropbox and Google Calendar
Our five year Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025 is available here. In the interview you will be asked to do a short presentation (10 mins max) on how you would deliver this plan.
Chantal McCormick, current Creative Director, wrote this biography for perspective applicants to understand her better. IACC – Something you need to know about me v2.0